Where was my Tuesday Treat we hear you all shouting at your computers, well fear not we’re here to treat you now. Monday was the GWC Christmas night out so we were a little (read big) bit hazy yesterday so didn’t get a blog up… sorry 🙁
With less than a week to go to the big day, Christmas obviously, we’ve been thinking about our favourite Christmas movies so wanted to share them with you. We’ve narrowed it down to our top 5, it’s harder than you might think, we (or more so Gregg) could have had way more than five. So here they are in reverse order ‘drum roll please’!
5. Santa Clause: The Movie (1985) – Not too sure why I like this one so much, I think it’s the magic candy canes!
4. Miracle on 34th Street (1994) – Christmas is all about family for me and this is one of my mum’s favourites so it’s sort of a tradition to watch it at some point in our house.
3. Elf (2003) – Just a really fun film, Will Ferrell is great in it and there’s the added bonus of Zooey Deschanel 😉 (this could have made it into Simon’s list as well)
2. Home Alone (1990) – Nostalgia, this one reminds me of my childhood with lots of good quotes lol
and top of the lot
1. It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) – I dare you not to get emotional at this film, it’s just perfect!
5. Home Alone 2: Lost In New York (1992) – New York! New York! at Christmas time how can you not love it.
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) – A Tim Burton classic, although I’m not obsessed with his style ‘Whats This’ is an awesome song.
3. Jingle All The Way (1996) – Fun action filled Christmas movie with Arnold Shwarzenegger nuff said! “It’s turbo time”
2. Groundhog Day (1993) – Time Travel! Maybe not precisely a Christmas movie more of a holiday film but it’s a bit of a family tradition this one.
1. A Christmas Carol (1999) – For me it’s the best told story of Scrooge and the geek in me gets excited because it’s got Captain Picard in it!
So there you have it, let us know if you agree or disagree with either of us or if we’ve missed anything out!